Skip to main content
Tax details in Solar Staff
Tax details in Solar Staff

Learn how to add tax information to your Solar Staff account

Anastasiia R avatar
Written by Anastasiia R
Updated over a week ago

Freelancers file and pay taxes on income received through Solar Staff themselves. They are subcontractors, not employees of the Client or the General Contractor.

Solar Staff provides closing documents (certificates and invoices), which reflect the cost and the essence of the performed work. You can submit these to the bank or the tax authority to confirm the legitimacy of your income. In addition to your full name, you can add the tax number or freelancer ID to these certificates and invoices.

How to add tax information?

To add the tax number, do the following:

  • Go to the Personal details section in your Solar Staff account and then to Tax information at the bottom of the page:

  • Choose the document type in the first field:

  • Then enter the document number or code and click Enter tax information:

Is it necessary to add tax information?

Generally, adding a tax ID is optional, but there are a few exceptions:

  • Tasks falling under the ad labeling legislation

  • The self-employed and individual entrepreneurs working in Russia must specify their INN. The data you enter when selecting the tax status is used to automatically populate the Tax information card under Personal details.

  • Tax info is mandatory for Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay and some other countries, where it's used to make payments to bank accounts (go to FinancesTax information).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team via online chat, or email [email protected].

Did this answer your question?